COMMENTS

PLEASE NOT ALL COMMENTS ARE NOW DISABLED


Alice Eternal

An index of my Alice in Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass collection, including books, DVDs, audio versions, memorabilia, my own work and interesting web links.

Thursday 15 April 2010

Preparing For The Adventure

 One of my poems.



Preparing For The Adventure

I make a list headed
"Things That I'll Need".
Biscuits, chocolate, crisps, more crisps
and squash to wash down the feed.
I'll be wanting a torch
and rope and a spade,
and a bag to hold all these
odds and sods for the plan that I've made.
I catch the bus to the woods
climb over the fence
by the "No trespassing" sign
crossing the line that doesn't make sense.
I sit and I eat
and I wait for my prey
But the forest is empty.
I sigh , and I rise to call it a day
Then from the thicket
A rabbit runs past
Quickly I follow to
its home in a hole - on my way at last.
I take out my spade
and dig all around
I'm going to join Alice
Adventuring deep underground.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated and will appear only after administrator approval.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.